Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sweat Equity



Took a break after a full day...I got a lot done. It doesn't get any better than this. So beautiful and peaceful...well, except for the bear that stopped by and messed up the six cords of wood I've had to re-stack for THIRD time. If I had arrived just a few minutes sooner I would have caught the dirty bugger in action. Just to be safe and so I could see better, I climbed into the bus. I couldn't see it in the shrubs next to the bus but I sure could hear it and it was CLOSE. It gave 3 or 4 rarrs (or whatever you call that noise that bears make) and then I didn't hear it anymore. I really think it's living in the fallen down remains of a barn about 100 feet from my bus. I also think it might have been talking to a cub because it sounded like it was "talking" nice....nice but firm. Then again, maybe it was just aggravated I interupted it's breakfast of grubs and ants in my stacked wood? Either way, I'm not looking forward to restacking that wood again. I need a new plan for it.

4 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Careful, the story about Goldylocks and the three bears has already been written.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Sometimes it's nice to have wild company like that, but sometimes they could be a bit of a problem also. If I had a bear hanging around, I think I would have to take measures to get it gone from here, by either calling on the the fish and game officials or maybe taking care of business myself if that did'nt work for me. But I don't know, maybe you're enjoying the company. Nice veiw of the place by the way.

ezrablu said...

Dick, lol...I actually thought about the three bears story shortly after this happened.

Hermit, I agree. I's kind of cool to have a bear around like that but also makes me kind of uneasy. I'm thinking that once I get moved out there the barking of my dog might make the bear move away. If not, then I'll go to plan B....bear removal.

Nicole Bureau said...

I am soooo excited to have found your blog. A blog about a person converting a school bus. This is so great. Here's why...My husband and I did the same things, back in the 90's, and lived in the bus full time for 8 years. We traveled back in fort, south in the winter, north in the summer. We followed the skydiving seasons. We moved twice a year. We spend every summer in New York State at a very busy Parachute Center and the winter in Arizona or Florida. My head is full of wonderful memories right now. Thanks to you.

After the 8 years we settle in Florida where we build our own house, while living in the bus. Once we moved in the house we used the bus for storage. Four or five years later we build a garage. We put an ad in the Penny Saver "Free school bus, will need to be towed" We had over 30 calls.

I'm looking forward to read about your adventures.

Have fun

Nicole